Thursday, July 2, 2009

Now how do I explain this delicately?

I was at the grocery store with the munchkins and roaming the aisles close to the pharmacy. As we strolled past the 'Intimate' section, Nathan picks up a box with flames all over it and the word Hot listed on it. It was a box of condoms extolling their great feel and how hot your sex life will be. Of course Nathan had no clue what this box contained, he was just facinated by the flames on the box and the few words he could actually read.

In what I would describe as a loud voice, Nathan asked if the contents of the box were hot or spicy. What else could he assume? There were flames so it MUST be hot. I was trying not to laugh as my mind went into the gutter and I was thinking dirty thoughts about how spicy the contents can make one's life. Nathan was under the impression that the contents were edible. I tried to be subtle and only answer what was asked but that wasn't going to fly with Nathan. I didn't want to explain what was in the box at quite that moment as there were other people around but Nathan was persistant. He's good at being persistant.

So I found myself having to explain what I didn't want to explain right at that moment. I tried to be delicate but it still sounded crude. My explaination went along the lines of, "Honey, what you picked up was a box of condoms. When a man and a woman have sex, they can put a condom on the man's penis so his 'seeds' won't get inside the woman and make a baby.

Well, didn't Nathan's face turn a delightful shade of red. LOL Poor kid! I don't think he knew whether to be grossed out or laugh. He made a funny face, giggled nervously then looked a little grossed out. LOL His reaction kind of made my day as I hadn't laughed much by that point. He hasn't said anything else about it since.

My poor kid...Traumatized in the grocery store. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment