Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How could such an innocent comment go SO wrong? LOL

"Mom! Mommy! Momma! Mama! MOM!!!!!"

"Yes, Nathan?"

"Mom, do you know what a deck is?"

"Um, yeah. It's a pile of cards."

"No! It's a big pile of AWESOME Bakugan and Pokemon cards!"

"Yeah, OK Nathan!" LOL

That's how the conversation started out. Innocent right? Well it quickly went downhill from there.

Nathan proceeded to tell me all about his big deck. He had to point out the Nic's deck was puny and that I don't have a deck. After only a few short minutes of deck talk, my mind went into the gutter. All I could think about was how wrong this conversation was.

Nathan told me over and over again how big his deck was and how I don't have a deck. I answered finally that I don't have a deck because I'm a girl. I was laughing by this point and he had no idea what was so funny. He said that one of his female classmates has an impressive sized deck herself. I asked if he was sure this classmate was a girl and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. Of COURSE she's a girl! Oh what fun I have when the boys take my comments so literally.

I think I spend WAY too much time alone with the boys. My mind wanders to the dark side WAY too quickly. LOL I'm even getting to appreciate fart jokes and other bodily functions. OK...FINE! I'll tell the truth! I was already a pig. My mind has been living in the gutter for many years. I'm probably the one that taught the boys most of their fart jokes and how to burp on command. LOL Guess I'm better prepared to parent boys than I originally thought!

2 comments:

  1. I had an NDS Pictochat session about farts with my son the other day. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can't stop laughing!!!! So you're not the only one with your mind in the gutter, if that makes you feel any better!

    For a long time, Cole couldn't say "stick", he'd pronounce it as "dick". Everytime he'd say it, I'd laugh hysterically as if I were in 3rd grade again. Poor kid had no clue what was so funny!

    ReplyDelete